One of the worst by-products of Acne is the scarring and pigmentation left behind. It is a constant reminder of your acne struggle and can affect your confidence and daily life.
Acne scarring occurs when the injury penetrates the lower levels of the skin (dermis) and reacts by quickly laying too much collagen down in one area. It is a bit like tangled tree roots that are brittle and lumpy.
Pigmented scars are very common, and leave an inflamed red or brown mark on the skin as a result of cystic acne.
HOW CAN WE TREAT THIS?
We are the first Melbourne Clinic to introduce Exceed – a medical skin needling device clinically proven to treat acne scarring, in particular to reduce the depth of scars and normalise the skin structure.
Medical skin needling is considered far more effective than many other more invasive and expensive treatments. It is a quick and easy technique with little downtime. After a course of treatments, skin structure is visibly revitalised, rejuvenated, replenished and regenerated.
- Designed to successfully treat acne scarring and pigmented scars
- Skin regeneration
- Increased natural collagen formation
- Minimised fine lines & wrinkles
- Reduction of pore size & improvement in skin texture
- Reduction of active superficial (i.e. non-cystic) acne & congestion
PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
We like you to get the best results from your session. For this, we need to work with you for 2-3 months prior with our proven program of:
- Customised dermaviduals skin care to repair the barrier and reduce inflammation
- 6-10 sessions of MAX+ LED to increase the skin’s ability to produce amazing collagen
When you get the go ahead to make your appointment, we will send you a detailed email with pre-procedure instructions, so that you feel really prepared for your session.
DOES IT HURT?
- We choose to forgo toxic topical anaesthetic and numbing agents due to their serious side-effects and detrimental skin ingredients.
- We have learnt a fast technique that tricks the nerves and delivers a comfortable experience.
- We equate the sensation to that of a lego car being rolled over the skin quickly.
- You will feel warm and tingly during and after your session (similar to mild sunburn), and this usually subsides after an hour or two.
- We use an anti-inflammatory, microbiome mask (Epi-Nouvelle+) immediately after your treatment to help you feel really comfortable, cool and hydrated.
WHAT IS THE DOWNTIME?Downtime is really minimal, especially compared to laser. You may be pink for 12-24 hours and need to avoid UV for a period of time after the treatment. We go through all of this and provide handouts to take home, so that you feel really clear.
WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENS DURING A TREATMENT?If it is your first appointment, we ask that you arrive 10-15 mins early for our consent forms and to answer any further questions that you may have. The treatment includes 30 minutes MAX+ LED so we start you off with that. We will prepare your skin for treatment and have very strict hygiene and cross contamination procedures. The actual procedure only takes around 30 minutes and there are frequent short breaks as we systematically work on your face, neck and décolletage. Most clinics charge extra for the neck and décolletage but we want to provide an inclusive treatment. The Exceed medical device has variable needle depths and speed. Our therapists have had advanced certificate training and will use differing depths during the treatment, to ensure that the right target cells are being triggered. We don’t believe in ‘deeper is better’ approach and read the skin carefully for an exact response. For example, the depth for resolution of pigmented scarring is quite different to that of pitted acne scars. After your treatment, we pop on our award-winning ‘Epi-Nouvelle+ Naturalle’ mask for 30 minutes and also wrap it up so that you can use it at home. After this, we will sit down with a cup of tea and carefully go through your post-treatment skin care and instructions. We recommend coming back to the clinic 4 days after the procedure for a half-priced Skin Needling facial
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS TREATMENT?
- 30 minute MAX+ LED (valued at $90)
- Medical skin needling session
- 30 minute ‘Epi-Nouvelle+ Naturelle’ mask (valued at $40)
- Post-treatment education