SO, GORGEOUS ONES, I AM IN THE PROCESS OF JAMMING THE LAST TEN YEARS OF CLINICAL AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCE INTO A SKIN-FOCUSED FUNCTIONAL DETOXIFICATION PROGRAM. AND LET ME TELL YOU, IT IS MORE THAN A LITTLE EXCITING! SO EXCITING IN FACT THAT I HAVE BEEN TRIALLING IT ON MYSELF!
What is Functional Detoxification?
There is a lot of hype about ‘cleansing’. For the most part they are trends that really get my goat, falling into the ‘fad diet’ category and can even be dangerous and harmful to health. Enter functional detoxification. This approach is different (and a whole lot more effective) for the following reasons:
- a full medical and symptom history is taken
- individual goals are accommodated
- functional pathology testing is utilised
- supplements are professionally prescribed and tailored
- regular appointments keep you motivated and ensure any changes to the program are made if needed
I will be blogging once a week for the duration of my program. I want to keep you all in the loop with my highs, lows, recipes, tips, tricks and triumphs! Are you ready for this adventure with me? I want to show you all how to heal your skin and health, by addressing the cause of the issue. Remember, our skin is a beautiful red light, alerting us to internal imbalance.
Typically this involves 3 crucial systems;
- adrenals (stress)
So you might ask, as well as having breakouts, what are the other signs that you may need a detox?
- white or yellow coating on your tongue
- bloating, constipation and/or diarrhoea
- history of antibiotics, oral contraception, Roaccutane or Aldactone (Spironolactone) use
- skin that doesn’t clear up significantly on a Paleo type diet
- food poisoning or traveller’s diarrhoea
- skin rashes, unexplained itching
- intolerance or low threshold to alcohol
- food sensitivities/intolerances
- long history of stress/anxiety
- headaches, brain fog and difficulty concentrating
- lowered immunity (getting frequent colds and flus)
- irritability and impatience
For those of you that work with me one-on-one, you will know that I am big on practising what I preach. After all, I couldn’t have healed my skin without trying all of my own advice! So, even though my skin is clear and healthy, there are still some ongoing issues with my gut, adrenals and hormones that need some love and care. And, as we know, these are biggies when it comes to skin health.
On next week’s blog I will be sharing:
- my recent Functional Pathology Testing
- clear skin shopping list
- my nutritional and herbal strategies (for Phase 1 – ‘Inflammation Busting’)
P.S. I already know the results of my testing, and you will be amazed to see what I found. Get ready for my big reveal!